Weekend Warrior is a Light, Gold Beowulf variant.
Tips and Tricks
Role & Strategy
- Weekend Warrior is defensive fighter with a Signature Ability that grants him multiple BUFFS on HYPE MODE. These BUFFS increases Weekend Warrior's survivability and is mostly used to stall for time. As it can be difficult for the AI to gain levels of HYPE, his first Signature Ability automatically grants him maximum HYPE which easily allows the AI to activate HYPE MODE, even in the middle of a combo.
- Weekend Warrior can be easily countered by simply using an OUTTAKE the moment he activates HYPE MODE to remove him from the fight and negate all the healing that would normally be done.
- For this reason, Weekend Warrior is best to be used defensively in game modes like Rift battles which has single fighter nodes to prevent OUTTAKES.
- Other ways to counter Weekend Warrior is to use fighters that can remove BUFFS via special moves and blockbusters such as Eliza with CHAOS BANISH, Filia with DRILL TEMPERED and Parasoul with CANOPY BOUNCE.
- Marquee Ability: CHALLENGER is the recommended Marquee Ability as he will be tanking damage and finding himself with lower health often.
- Stat Investment: As with any other defensive fighters, HP, Defense and Meter Gain are very important to increase his longevity in a fight while also charging blockbusters faster to punish opponents with an unblockable Tier 3 blockbuster.
- Weekend Warrior excels at stalling for time from his own Signature Ability. He works particularly well with the LIGHT element catalyst, Light Weight and Last Words, which grants him IMMUNITY and FINAL STAND to increase his survivability. It is highly recommended to equip WULF SHOOT when using Weekend Warrior as a defender as it bypasses blocking and immediately gives him a stack of HYPE.
- It is recommended to place Weekend Warrior in a single fighter node to prevent players from using OUTTAKE to remove him from the fight when his Signature Ability activates.
- This variant is a reference to the former World Wrestling Entertainment star, James Brian Hellwig, who most famously wrestled under the ring name "The Ultimate Warrior".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.