Understudy is a Water, Bronze Cerebella variant.
Tips and Tricks
Role & Strategy
- Understudy is one of the three fighters that players start with, the other being Rerun and Bassline.
- Understudy is a fighter with a Signature Ability that revolves around THROWS. For players starting out, she is an excellent fighter to practice with as she has decent damage output while also having a safety net in the form of ARMOR stacks for every THROW.
- Aside from double swiping to perform a THROW, her Signature Ability can also be activated by using THROW-based special moves and blockbusters such as MERRY GO-RILLA and DIAMOND DROP.
- When facing against Understudy, be wary of MERRY GO-RILLA and DIAMOND DROP as these moves will bypass your block and deal bonus damage from her Signature Ability. Furthermore, she will also gain ARMOR, making her a bit more difficult to take down.
- ARMOR BREAK is a good way to override her ARMOR stacks. Some characters such as Peacock and Cerebella has special moves that can inflict ARMOR BREAK. Specific fighters that can also inflict ARMOR BREAK includes Headstrong and Bad Ms Frosty.
- Marquee Ability: Either Marquee Abilities will work with Understudy. UPPER HAND is generally the superior Marquee Ability as it allows any Cerebella to act as a meter control variant to prevent opponents from using blockbusters to punish. Meanwhile, RING LEADER will trap opponents and prevent them from escaping via TAG OUTS while also disabling their special moves which may be useful in some niche situations.
- Stat Investment: Understudy will benefit from investment in ATK, Piercing and Meter Gain to increase her damage output while charging blockbuster faster.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.