Rusty is a Light, Bronze Painwheel variant.
Tips and Tricks
Role & Strategy
- Rusty is an offensive fighter with a Signature Ability revolving around BLEED effects. On top of an on-hit BLEED, Rusty is also capable of converting enemy BUFFS into BLEED which allows her to consistently damage the toughest of defenders that rely on ARMOR such as Armed Forces, Heavy Metal, and Blue Screen.
- Rusty is incredibly effective against BUFFS and is able to remove IMMUNITY and convert it to BLEED. To further increase her chances of activating her Signature Ability, equip multi-hit blockbusters such as DEATH CRAWL and BUER THRESHER. A single use of these blockbusters can easily inflict multiple stacks of BLEEDS.
- Given her Bronze base stats, Rusty will rely on her BLEEDS to inflict significant damage against the opponent. Hence, she is easily countered by those who can convert BLEEDS into REGEN such as Bloodbath or any Valentine with the ICU Marquee Ability.
- Marquee Ability: GRUDGE is the recommended Marquee Ability for Rusty as it provides a safety net to survive attacks from the opponent when a mistake is made while also increasing her damage output from the stacks of ENRAGE.
- Stat Investment: As with any other offensive variant, Rusty will benefit from investment in ATK, Piercing and Meter Gain to increase her total damage output and quickly charge blockbuster faster. But given her low base health, Block Proficiency may be useful to invest to increase her survivability by reducing chip damage taken while blocking.
- Rusty excels against catalysts that grant BUFFS such as Autoimmune, Darknut, Armor Rating and To Be Precise. Furthermore, this also makes her effective against common defenders that rely on BUFFS such as That's All Folks!, Meow & Furever, and Overclocked.
- With a low base ATK stat, Rusty is an effective counter against Painwheel nodes with the Don't Poke the Buer catalyst, as long as they have GRUDGE as their Marquee Ability.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.