Rift Battle is a competitive game mode where players compete head-to-head against another player's collection. You'll need to prepare a "base" of defensive Fighters, and then attack other player's bases to earn points and increase your Rift Rating. At the end of a season, all players will receive rare rewards, depending on their final rank which is determined by their overall performance reflected through their Rift Rating for that week.
- Rift Battles are available for players that have reached player level 25. To participate in Rift Battles, you will have to setup your defenders found in your base. Make sure to check the modifiers for the best tactical advantage!
- In Rift Battles, players are presented with a list of three possible opponents to fight. Tap on any of these players to get some information on their Boss Node, and you can take a peek at their Player Profile. List of opponents can be refreshed for FREE once every two hours or for 25 Theonite.
- At the start of a Rift Season, players will now be matched by Rift Rating and their Player Level. However, as you start to win matches, the Player Level matchmaking becomes weaker and you will start to be matched more exclusively on Rift Rating.
- Spend your Green or Red Rift Tickets to fight your opponents. Defeating all three opponents in your list will grant you a free green Rift Ticket.
- To win a Rift Battle, you need to defeat every node on the enemy's base. There are six nodes in total, each with their own unique modifiers. While attacking, you will only be able to use each of your fighters once. Make sure to plan out your attacks carefully and not use up your best fighters too early in the battle!
- You will only get two chances to win a Rift Battle. If you lose any two fights on a single Rift defense base, your Rift Battle will end in defeat. Choose your battles carefully.
- Once you have defeated the entire Base, the Rift Battle will end and you will be given a score based on how well you fared. See the table below for information on how points are calculated.
- Defense History displays information of opponents that challenges your base. You can tap DETAILS and see exactly how your opponent fared on your base and what team compositions they used on each fight. Use this information to make improvements to your base!
- If a player has defeated your base, you can choose REVENGE in the Defense History page to challenge that player's base. Revenge battles will consume a Rift Ticket. Revenge battles are successful if you can defeat the entire map AND have a higher score than theirs. Successful revenge battles will grant a huge boost in Rift Rating while unsuccessful revenge battles will cost you more Rift Rating. Only attempt a Revenge fight if you're confident you can win!
- You can only attempt a Revenge Battle against a player once - win or lose, you cannot Revenge that same fight again. If I defeat a player and they Revenge Battle me, I cannot Revenge Battle that Revenge Battle.
Rift Battles have several Rift Base layouts, each with a unique set of Modifiers on every node. Every season (weekly), the Rift Map configuration will change. This will give players a huge incentive to update their defense layouts regularly to take advantage of devilish Modifier combos. The Boss Nodes for each map will be elementally themed, but the entire map will change every week.
The modifiers for rift battles change every week in the following order:
When an opponent lands a CRITICAL HIT, 50% of the damage will be reflected back.
Gain permanent REGEN and ENRAGE when HIT with an attack that deals at least 10% MAX HEALTH.
Gain THORNS for 5 seconds for each HIT blocked by the opponent.
While BLOCKING, gain a 50% chance when HIT to inflict STUN for 1 second.
Gain HASTE and inflict ARMOR BREAK for 10 seconds when HIT with an attack that inflicts more than 5% MAX HEALTH.
While at an ELEMENTAL ADVANTAGE, gain 5% BLOCKBUSTER METER per second.
LET IT SNOW
[Water Element Fighters]: Gain ARMOR for 3 seconds when suffering a HIT that deals less than 1% MAX HEALTH.
BLOCKBUSTERS are UNBLOCKABLE while the opponent has a fully charged BLOCKBUSTER.
All attacks are UNBLOCKABLE when below 25% HEALTH.
Using a BLOCKBUSTER reduces the opponent's BLOCKBUSTER METER by 100%.
When not at an ELEMENTAL ADVANTAGE, take 100% bonus damage.
All THROWS are unbreakable.
Suffer no damage from opponent THROWS.
HITS quickly build BLOCKBUSTER METER if the opponent is blocking.
[Fire Element Fighters]: Gain permanent ENRAGE for every 15% HEALTH lost.
50% chance to inflict STUN for 4 seconds when landing a HIT that deals at least 10% damage.
Gain REGEN every 3 seconds.
REGEN is removed when KNOCKED DOWN.
Remove all DEBUFFS and gain permanent IMMUNITY when dropping below 50% HEALTH.
Gain UNFLINCHING while DASHING FORWARD.
Once per match, gain 5 stacks of REGEN for 6 seconds when dropping below 50% HEALTH.
For every 10th combo HIT the opponent lands, gain HASTE for 10 seconds and 1 stack of EVASION.
Once per match, RESURRECT with 25% HEALTH after being dead for 10 seconds.
GONE WITH THE WIND
[Air Element Fighters]: Regain 25% HEALTH when TAGGING OUT. Whenever the opponent uses a BLOCKBUSTER, their SPECIAL MOVES are rest and their BLOCKBUSTER METER is reduced by 100%.
While blocking, lose 20% BLOCKBUSTER METER per second.
Gain permanent haste.
TAG-IN attacks are UNBLOCKABLE and grant UNFLINCHING for 5 seconds.
Dash Attacks are UNBLOCKABLE.
Suffering a HIT while near a dead teammate grants THORNS for 15 seconds.
RESURRECT all teammates with 50% HEALTH when using a TIER 3 BLOCKBUSTER.
Suffer a 30 second DOOM when the opponent drops below 50% HEALTH.
[Light Element Fighters]: RESURRECT with 25% HEALTH and FINAL STAND for 15 seconds after being dead for 60 seconds.
Suffer a random DEBUFF for 10 seconds for every 5 COMBO HITS.
Deal 100% bonus damage if the opponent has any active DEBUFFS.
Suffer BLEED for 10 seconds when DASHING BACK.
Gain a 10% chance when hit to inflict POWER SURGE for 10 seconds.
Every 5 seconds, suffer a random DEBUFF (excluding STUN) for 10 seconds.
When defeated, inflict the opponent with 3 DEBUFFS (excluding STUN) for 10 seconds.
[Dark Element Fighters]: When suffering a CRITICAL HIT, DISABLE the opponent's BLOCKBUSTERS for 10 seconds.
At the end of each season, everyone will be granted a Rank based on their Rift Rating. After that, everyone's Rift Rating will reset to 1000. This will result in a much more dynamic Rankings list, and allow all players to compete for these Rift Rewards!
1,000 Silver Relic Shards, 850 Gold Relic Shards, 300 Diamond Relic Shards
1,000 Rift Coins
1,000 Silver Relic Shards, 750 Gold Relic Shards, 250 Diamond Relic Shards
950 Rift Coins
1,000 Silver Relic Shards, 650 Gold Relic Shards, 200 Diamond Relic Shards
900 Rift Coins
1,000 Silver Relic Shards, 570 Gold Relic Shards, 160 Diamond Relic Shards
850 Rift Coins
1,000 Silver Relic Shards, 510 Gold Relic Shards, 140 Diamond Relic Shards
800 Rift Coins
1,000 Silver Relic Shards, 450 Gold Relic Shards, 120 Diamond Relic Shards
750 Rift Coins
900 Silver Relic Shards, 390 Gold Relic Shards, 100 Diamond Relic Shards
700 Rift Coins
800 Silver Relic Shards, 350 Gold Relic Shards, 80 Diamond Relic Shards
650 Rift Coins
725 Silver Relic Shards, 310 Gold Relic Shards, 60 Diamond Relic Shards
600 Rift Coins
650 Silver Relic Shards, 270 Gold Relic Shards, 40 Diamond Relic Shards
550 Rift Coins
575 Silver Relic Shards, 230 Gold Relic Shards, 20 Diamond Relic Shards
500 Rift Coins
500 Silver Relic Shards and 200 Gold Relic Shards
450 Rift Coins
450 Silver Relic Shards and 170 Gold Relic Shards
400 Rift Coins
400 Silver Relic Shards and 140 Gold Relic Shards
350 Rift Coins
350 Silver Relic Shards and 110 Gold Relic Shards
300 Rift Coins
300 Silver Relic Shards and 90 Gold Relic Shards
250 Rift Coins
275 Silver Relic Shards and 70 Gold Relic Shards
200 Rift Coins
250 Silver Relic Shards and 50 Gold Relic Shards
150 Rift Coins
225 Silver Relic Shards and 30 Gold Relic Shards
100 Rift Coins