Painwheel is the typical “glass cannon” character. She is capable of dealing massive amounts of damage very quickly. However, she also has an extremely low HP pool.
From a pure base stats standpoint, Painwheel is the most lopsided character in the game. This encourages Painwheel players to be constant aggressors, dealing out as much damage as possible and avoiding counter-attacks at all costs.
Painwheel’s abilities help push her even further into an offensive role. She uses lots of BLEED and ARMOR BREAK effects against the opponent, and ENRAGE effects on herself. These effects grant Painwheel openings to deal devastating amounts of damage.
Click here to view her Prize Fight.
Once a normal schoolgirl named Carol, Painwheel was kidnapped by Valentine and delivered to the Anti-Skullgirls Labs’ secretive Lab Zero. There she was implanted with the synthetic Buer Drive and Gae Bolga parasites and infused with experimental Skullgirl blood, transforming her into the monster she is today. Violent and unstable as a result of these experiments, as a precaution she’s mentally controlled by Lab Zero’s powerful psychic director, Brain Drain.
Fueled by rage, she draws her power from her pain and fury. Despite that, the soul of that scared young girl still lives on inside this monstrous body, desperately fighting off the onslaught of voices that would control her.
Marquee Ability: TORTURED SOUL
ACTIVATION EFFECT: Painwheel inflicts GUARD BREAK for 5/10 seconds when using a BLOCKBUSTER.
On mobile devices, tap on the variant text to navigate to their page, not their card.
- G5 means a chain of 5 normal ground attacks. (Usually by tapping 5 times on the screen)
- Up or Launcher means the normal move that sends your opponent in the air (usually by swiping up)
- A5 means a chain of 5 normal air attacks. (usually by tapping once right after having launched your opponent)
- Grab or throws or Grapples means to grab your opponent. (Done by swiping with 2 fingers)
- Dash means a dash attack (Swipe right)
- Trip means a trip attack (Swipe down once)
- Charge is a powered attack (Press and hold for a few seconds to charge then release)
- Grab > Gae Bolga Stinger
- Grab > Death Crawl/ Fracture Reaper/ Buer Thresher/ Hatred Install
- Grab > Dash > G2 > Death Crawl
- G5 > Up > A5 > Violet Grudge/ Death Crawl/ Fracture Reaper/ Buer Thresher/ Hatred Install
- G5 > Up > A5 > Cruel Lily (use only if enemy is still on air) > Death Crawl/ Buer Thresher/ Hatred Install
- G5 > Gae Bolga Stinger > G5 > Up > A5 > Trip/ Death Crawl/ Violet Grudge