Big Band plays as the archetypal “tank” character. With the highest base Health among all characters, Big Band is extremely durable in battle and his variants are consistently among the best defenders on the game. Many of Big Band's abilities grant him ARMOR and REGEN, further bolstering his defensive capabilities.
However, he has very low Attack and his large body makes it easy for opponents to chain combos against him. To compensate, a lot of Big Band's moves and blockbusters can be chained together into long strings of combos. He also have several abilities that can inflict STUN, providing him with the opportunity to attack.
Ben Birdland has seen a lot in his time, including the worst of the Grand War. But nothing was worse than what he saw as a beat cop in New Meridian. When he ran afoul of his crooked unit he was given a violent early retirement, and his broken body was left to spend the rest of its days in an iron lung.
That would have been the end of Ben’s story if it hadn’t drawn the ears of the Anti-Skullgirl Labs. With little left to lose, he agreed to be rebuilt with their experimental procedures. Melded with the machinery that allows him to breathe and a powerful an array of pneumatic weaponry, he was reborn as “Big Band.”
Now a senior member of Lab 8, he’s become a father figure of sort to the younger ASG soldiers. A firm believer in their cause, he has stayed with the project through its controversies and still sees his place on the front lines against the Skullgirl. His technology may be dated, but he more than makes up for it with experience and fortissimo.
Marquee Ability: MAESTRO
ACTIVATION EFFECT: Big Band's DASH ATTACKS gain a 25%/60% chance to be UNBLOCKABLE and grant ENRAGE for 5 seconds.
On mobile devices, tap on the variant text to navigate to their page, not their card.
- L5 means a chain of 5 normal ground attacks. (Usually by tapping 5 times on the screen)
- Up or Launcher means the normal move that sends your opponent in the air (usually by swiping up)
- A5 means a chain of 5 normal air attacks. (tap once after launching your opponent)
- Dash means a dash attack (swipe right once)
- Grab means a grab attack (swipe with 2 fingers)
- Trip means a trip attack (swipe down once)
- Mid Screen means attacking an opponent when exactly in the middle of the fighting ring.
- Right Corner means attacking an opponent when his back is touching the right wall.
- 3/4 Screen means attacking an opponent when exactly between Mid Screen and Right Corner
- Be aware that some combos only work on light fighters or heavy fighters.
- L5 > Brass Knuckle
- L5 > Sweet Clarinet
- L5 > Beat Extend > (Beat) > L3 > Super-Sonic Jazz
- L5 > Beat Extend > (Beat) > L3 > Super-Sonic Jazz > (Beat) > Take the 'A' Train
- L5 > Up > Sweet Clarinet
- L5 > Up > Sweet Clarinet > Super-Sonic Jazz
- L5 > Up > Sweet Clarinet > Dash Attack
- L5 > Up > Cymbal Clash (Can Stun)
- L5 > Up > Cymbal Clash > Beat Extend
- L5 > Up > Cymbal Clash > Beat Extend > (Beat) > L3 > Super-Sonic Jazz > (Beat) > Take the 'A' Train
- L5 > Up > A5 > Super-Sonic Jazz
- L5 > Up > Giant Step
- Giant Step > L3 > Brass Knuckles
- Giant Step > L3 > Cymbal Clash
- Giant Step > Beat Extend > (Beat) > L3 > Super-Sonic Jazz
- Giant Step > L3 > Sweet Clarinet > Beat Extend > (Beat) > L3 > Super-Sonic Jazz
- Dash > L5 > Up > Dash > L3 > (Any Blockbuster except timpani Drive)*
- Dash > L5 > Up > Dash > L3 > Brass Knuckles
- Dash > L5 > Up > Cymbal Clash > L3 > Brass Knuckles
*best used for Mid-Screen combo if in mid generally gets you to 3/4 range. use Super sonic jazz or take the A-train for extra distance
- (Right corner) Tuba-Tuba > (wall bounce) > dash > L4 > Super-Sonic Jazz > Timpani Drive
- (Right corner) Dash > L5 > Up > A5 > Dash > L4 > (Any block buster Except Timpani Drive)
- (Against Rushing Enemies) Swipe left > Sweet Clarinet
- (3/4 range) L5 > Up > A5 > (Wall bounce) > L5
- (3/4 range) L5 > Up > A5 > Giant Step
- (3/4 range) L5 > Up > A5 > (Wall bounce) > L5 > Sweet Clarinet > Brass Knuckles
- (3/4 range) Tuba Tuba > (Bounce) > Take the 'A' Train
- (3/4 range)Charge > dash > L4 > (any blockbuster except Timpani Drive)
- (Right corner) Charge > Burst
- (Right corner) L5 > Up > A5 > Tympani Drive > Beat Extend > L3 > Super-Sonic Jazz
- (Right corner) L5 > up > Cymbal Clash > Super-Sonic Jazz > Tympani Drive > Take the 'A' Train
- (Only against lighter characters) Dash > L5 > Beat Extend > Super-Sonic Jazz > Timpani Drive