Beowulf is a grappler who can be described as a “power-play” character. At various times throughout a fight, he will get large spikes of power due to his Character Ability: HYPE MODE. Players will need to tactically take advantage of it in order to maximize Beowulf’s potential.
While fighting, Beowulf’s Throws (including Special Move Throws) and Juggle Finishers will generate HYPE. Once Beowulf gets 3 levels of HYPE, a button appears that allows Beowulf to activate HYPE MODE for 10 seconds.
In HYPE MODE, Beowulf’s throws are unbreakable, and many of his moves will have different properties.
Marquee Ability: TITLE FIGHT
On mobile devices, tap on the variant text to navigate to their page, not their card.
- Moves that are affected by Hype Mode
|Aerial||Tap after Launcher||Aerial ends with an extra grab movement, sending the enemy up higher than normal Aerial.|
|Throw||Upside swipe with two fingers||Throw becomes unbreakable and gains an extra grab attack.|
|Wulfshoot||Special Movement||Wulfshoot obtains an extra grab attack.|
|Geatish Trepak||Tier 1 Blockbuster||Ends with another animation, with Beowulf smiling to the crowd and temporarily staggering the foe before forcing them to the edge of the screen|
|Lupine Pummel||Tier 2 Blockbuster||Doubles the number of head butts performed by Beowulf (from 4 to 8); number of kicks still 3|
|Wulfmania||Tier 3 Blockbuster||Ends with Airwulf. Cosmetic: if used to defeat final opponent, penguin referee emerges|
- Charge Attack->G2->Wulf Blitzer->Gigantic Arm
- Charge Attack->Dash attack->G2->Gigantic Arm
- (Hype Mode)Dash attack->G5->Geatish Trepak->Airwulf
- (at corner)Dash Attack->G5->Launcher->Aerial->G2->Hurting Hurdle->G2->Wulf Blitzer->Gigantic Arm or Airwulf
- Dash Attack->G5->Launcher->Aerial->G2->Hurting Hurdle->Gigan Arm Sweep
- Dash Attack->G5->Launcher->Dash Attack->G2->Hurting Hurdle->Dash attack->G2->Wulf Blitzer->Dash Attack->G2->Gigantic Arm or Airwulf
- (at corner)G5->Wulfamania->G2->Hurting Hurdle->G2->Wulf Blitzer->G2->Gigantic Arm
- Special thanks to OozyGamer for combo video