Annie is a combo machine, with a wealth of tools available to keep her combos going longer than many characters would dare to dream. With a little help from her parasite Sagan she also has access to several long range tools that can pin opponents in place and let Annie get back into close range where she really shines.
Annie's Character Ability is indicated by a big circular star button on the left side of the screen. During a fight, this Star Power button will fill up at a steady rate even while Annie is not the active Fighter. Once it's at least 50% full, tapping the button will activate Star Power mode, which unlocks Annie's true potential as a character and gives her several significant boosts while it's active.
During Star Power mode, Annie's normal attacks now shoot stars which can seriously rack up her combo counter, add extra damage to her basic combos and allow her to extend combos that otherwise would be impossible. They also have a unique property: the stars do the same damage regardless if the opponent blocks them or not. Furthermore, Annie's basic throw and most of her special moves are upgraded, usually to allow longer, more elaborate combos.
Click here to view her Prize Fight.
To all appearances, Annie is a young television actress and the host of “Annie Of The Stars,” a TV variety show based on the myths, legends, and folklore of the titular character. The show has been on the air for years, mixing live-action and animation with multiple actresses playing the lead role.
At least... that’s what Annie wants you to believe! In truth, there has only ever been one Annie. Cursed by the Skull Heart to never grow up, Annie has been alive for centuries. Over that time, she’s made it her personal quest to stop The Skull Heart once and for all. To that end, she has acquired numerous skills and items, including her remote parasite, Sagan. Even performing on television works to further her goals as she hopes to educate the world about the dangers of The Skull Heart.
Fiercer than she looks, braver than anyone, it’s ANNIE OF THE STARS!
Marquee Ability: EVENT HORIZON
ACTIVATION EFFECT: Annie's STAR POWER STARS deal 50/120% bonus damage.
On mobile devices, tap on the variant text to navigate to their page, not their card.
- Moves that are affected by Star Power
|Re-Entry||Special Move||Adds a ground bounce to the final hit, giving Annie more combo options.|
|North Knuckle||Special Move||Increased speed and distance and adds a wall bounce, giving Annie more combo options.|
|Crescent Cut||Special Move||Adds additional hits to keep opponents pinned for extended combo routes.|
|Destruction Pillar||Special Move||Allows Annie to air dash by swiping right while the opponent is in the air.|
- L5 means a chain of 5 normal ground attacks. (Usually by tapping 5 times on the screen)
- Up or Launcher means the normal move that sends your opponent in the air (performed by swiping up)
- A5 means a chain of 5 normal air attacks. (usually by tapping once right after having launched your opponent)
- Grab refers to throwing your opponent. (Done by swiping with 2 fingers)
- Dash means a dash attack (Swipe right)
- Trip means a trip attack (Swipe down once)
- Charge is a powered attack (Press and hold for a few moments to charge then release)
- Almost all combos can be started by Dash > L5. This part has been omitted to avoid unnecessary repetition.
- Star Power means activating Annie's Character Ability at either half or full capacity.
- Full Star Power means activating Annie's Character Ability at full capacity
- Compared to other fighters, Annie has a relatively slow dash.
- Annie can choose to activate Star Power at half capacity or full capacity.
- Annie can also choose to de-activate Star Power mid-combo to save star power.
- L5 > Up > A5
- L5 > Up > A5 > Trip
- L5 > Star Power > L5. Allows you to reset your basic ground combo.
- L5 > Star Power > L5 > Up > L5 > Trip
- Since all ground combos can be started wth L5 > Star Power > L5, this section has been omitted in all the following combo chains to avoid repetition, unless star power is required.
- Photo Bop > Any combo from any distance
- Pillar of Creation > Dash > Any combo
- L5 > Up > A5 > Meteor Strike
- L5 > Up > A5 > Sagan Beam
- L5 > Up > A5 > Pillar of Creation
- L5 > Up > A5 > Gravity Slingshot
- L5 > Up > A5 > Gravity Slingshot + Sagan Beam
- L5 > Up > A5 > 3 x Re-entry while in the air > *Wait* > Destruction Pillar
- L5 > Up > A5 > 3 x Re-entry while in the air > Sagan Beam
- L5 > Gravity Slingshot > Charge
- L5 > Gravity Slingshot > L3 > Destruction Pillar > Sagan Beam
- L5 > Gravity Slingshot > 3 x Re-entry > Sagan Beam
Combos with Star Power activated
- L5 > Destruction Pillar > Dash. This basic combo is a bt tricky to pull off as you need to dash IMMEDIATELY after you do a Destruction Pillar.
- L5 > Destruction Pillar > Dash > Sagan Beam
- L5 > Destruction Pillar > Dash > 3 x Re-entry > Sagan Beam
- L5 > Destruction Pillar > Dash > Gravity sling shot > Sagan Beam
- L5 > Destruction Pillar > Dash > Gravity sling shot > 3 x Re-entry > Sagan Beam
- (Right Corner)(Only done as of now with Timeless Hero Annie and her Signature Ability of Infinite Star Power) (Star Mode Active) L5 > Up > A5 > 3 x Re-entry > Sagan Beam > Pillar of Creation > Destruction Pillar > Meteor Strike > L5